  From: Shyam Attavar
  Newsgroups: gmane.comp.crm.arsystem.general
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:45 PM
  Subject: AR Server 7.0.1 -- very sensitive to network hiccups

  **
  Dear Listers,

  Have any of you noticed that AR Server 7.0.1 Patch 2 is very sensitive to
network hiccups.

  Here's our current setup for the AR System:

  Oracle 10g R2 running on a remote RHEL cluster
  AR Server 7.0.1 Patch 2 running on Windows 2003 Server
  ITSM 6.x

  For a while the behavior seemed very stable in this setup. However, off late,
we are noticing that any minor hiccups in the network traffic between AR Server
and the Oracle DB is causing AR Server process to crash and hence has to be
restarted manually. This has happened at least three times in the last four
weeks. I know that AR Server has been fairly resilient to the DB not being
available for a few minutes and would reconnect once DB was available. However,
that is not what we have noticed over the last few weeks. I already have a
ticket open with Support and am waiting to reproduce this issue, so that I can
send the logs.

  Just wondering if any one else has seen something similar. If so, what
measures were taken to address this instability. Not sure if this is inherent
to the AR System itself or this has something to do with the Oracle version we
are running.

  Any feedback would be very valuable and much appreciated.

  Regards,
  --
  Shyam
  __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___