LJ and Henry,
They get very different IP addresses. I can understand this happening to
people on laptops due to undocking and reconnecting via Wireless and the
VPN but at least one of these users has a desktop PC.
He says it occurs after he has been connected for a few hours.
Checking the error.log reveals many more users throwing the IP Conflict
errors.

One user was granted a Floating token, released it and was granted the
token again within 3 seconds.
3 minutes later the user log showed the IP Conflict Override not
allowed. Then 42 minutes later he received an override permission and 1
minute later an IP Conflict.
There are three different IP addresses involved in this string of
events.
xxx.xxx.81.79 -> xxx.xxx.81.155
xxx.xxx.81.155 -> xxx.xxx.87.197
And the network people aren't sure where these IP addresses exist.
nslookup and tracert don't return much.

Thanks,

John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me