From: Rick Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:56:47 PM
Subject: Re: Help with Oracle select statement

**
OK, that makes sense, thanks.  I think I'm close, but would like someone with
more knowledge than I to take a look at my conversion and tell me why it's not
working.

Here's the original in a Query menu: (Selecting Tier 1 of a Category/Type/Item)

( 'Generic Categorization Tier 2' = $1000000745$) AND ( 'Generic Categorization
Tier 1' = $1000000744$) AND ( 'Generic Categorization Tier 3' !=  $NULL$ ) AND
( 'Category Status' = "Enabled") AND ( 'Category Type' = $1000002257$)

I am attempting to add the Order by qualification and do it from a SQL menu.
Here's what I have so far:

SELECT Generic_Categorization_Tier_1 FROM CIS:HPD:Menu_Item_Ranking WHERE
(Generic_Categorization_Tier_1 != NULL) AND (Category_Status = 'Enabled') AND
(Category_Type = $1000002257$) ORDER BY Usage desc;

I get an error saying ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended.

Rick