From: Rick Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:24:46 PM
Subject: Re: Help with Oracle select statement

**
Well, here's the statement I'm using:

SELECT Generic_Categorization_Tier_1, Usage FROM CIS_HPD_Menu_Item_Ranking
WHERE (Generic_Categorization_Tier_1 IS NOT NULL) AND (Category_Status =
'Enabled') AND (Category_Type = '$1000002257$') ORDER BY Usage desc

Now when I select the menu, if the Cat 1 field is NOT NULL, I'm getting this
error:

ARERR [552] Failure during SQL operation to the database : ORA-01722: invalid
number

If the field is NULL, I just get a (No entries in menu) message.  I thought it
might have been objecting to NULL values or zeros not being numbers, so I do
have numbers in the Usage field.

Anyone have an idea of what I need to do to get around that error?

Rick