From: "Reiser, John J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:08:54 PM
Subject: ARS 7.1 install on a virtual machine Windows 2008

Hello Listers,

ARS 7.1
Virtual Machine MS Windows Enterprise 2008
Remote MS SQL 2005 DB

I am trying to get a development box built on this VM. The DBA created a DB for
me, calling it ARSystem_dev and giving ARAdmin dbo permissions though it is not
the dbo account.

When I have done installations in the past I always had the SA account
password. That is not allowed on this massive SQL Server.

I have been made the dbo with my domain account but I am not a domain
admin.

I need to know, since the install instructions don't seem to have many options,
just exactly how I need to configure the accounts on the server and in the DB
to get this installation to work.

Do I really need to be a domain admin? If so I guess I have to get one of them
to do the installation.
Also, does the Run As account for the BMC Remedy ARSystem Server need to be a
domain admin or just a local admin.

Thanks in advance and good to here from the Ike survivors.

John J. Reiser
Senior Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me