Is it possible that one of the mid tier servers is having the problem?  Does
it happen everyday?  Does it happen at random times?  What percentage of
users seem to have the problem?  Can you check the logs for each of the
midtier servers and see if one stands out vs the others?

Just some random thoughts.  Hope any of them help.

Brian Goralczyk