William,

I agree this is not one of ITSM's strong points. However, I don't
think that it qualifies as a bug, but I guess you should file an RFE
for your request.
I usually create a file with the field names in a view versus the
database names of the field by running an ARSperl script; but you can
also achieve that by running a Crystal Report on the arschema, field
etc tables. I give that to a developer or report designer who needs to
work with ITSM or I use it myself if there is stuff that needs to be
imported with ARImport. Saves lots of time!

Regards,

--
Michiel Beijen
Software Consultant