Subject: Pricing model changed in July 08?
From: Ivan Runions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, October 15, 2008 2:35 pm
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

I've just had a sales guy tell me that BMC/Remedy came up with a new
pricing model that can be used instead of the existing model (ie. an
either/or situation).

He states that the entire ITSM Suite of applications can be purchased
for $13,000 but that the User licenses are then more expensive to offset
the loss of revenue. User licenses can then be purchased, as today, one
application at a time, or one super-license covering all applications.

Additionally, annual service contracts can then be calculated on
'actual price paid' rather than on 'current list price'. (again: your
choice as to which model is better for you).

I have not heard of this before, and if this is true, can someone
a) point me to some documentation on this.
b) comment on whether this model saved you any money (it seems to me
that only a very low number of User licenses could make this new model
more affordable).

-ivan-

--
Ivan Runions