-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:07 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Creating subfile records from list on submit

The syntax for setting this as pointed out by Brien is $PROCESS$
@@:Application-Generate-GUID

The field doesn't have to be 255 characters long.. In fact its a BAD
idea to have it that long as you will not be able to INDEX that field.

You are storing this ID here for the purpose of relationships, which
means your workflow would search this field to tie the records. If you
do not index this field, good luck performance-wise - actually wishing
you that will not help. What would help is to reduce the number of
characters from 255 to 30. GUID's are no longer or shorter than 30
characters. Anything more is a waste of space. Anything less you're
shooting yourself in your foot..

Joe

PS: Forgot in my previous emails that some of you have a problem on
lotus notes receiving mails in a non plain text format. So hope you'll
receive this in an acceptable format..