From: Danaceau, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: Who has done any password management while using AREA LDAP
Authentication

Correct me if I'm wrong, but anyone with an LDAP account could update
their password (for instance to "password").   That would give them a
weak password, they would subsequently NOT authenticate through LDAP -
by virtue of having a non NULL password, and they would still not be
subject to any password management.   To reiterate, this is a security
finding that we have to ENSURE strong password management.

--
Chris Danaceau
This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and solely for the