From: Jon Chau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 6:40 pm
Subject: ITSM 7 Data Migration Approach (not configuration)

** Hello Listers,

I am working on a migration to ITSM 7 from ITSM 5.5 applications and was
wondering how most of your clients or organizations decided to handle the
migration of historical and archived data (primarily the Help Desk form).?
The plan of course is to migrate any existing open cases in the new
system.

Some of my options appear to be:

Make a copy of the old HPD:HelpDesk form that users can search, and just
move everything that is closed there.

Attempt to map the old CTI structure into the new one to migrate the data
into the new ITSM 7 HPD:Help Desk form (seems extremely difficult given
the fact that we will be attempting to restructure categorization into the
Operational and Product offerings -- although we will have to do this for
the open cases).

Thanks in advance!

Jon

html___