The use of persistent cache is so that you don't have to go fetch again after
the Mid-Tier is restarted.

BMC Remedy Mid Tier performance (persistent cache)

In AR System 7.1, forms currently cached in memory can now be serialized to a
file, which enables these forms to be read back into memory when the
application server hosting the mid tier application is restarted (after a
normal shutdown).

Pre-fetch is for when the forms haven't yet been fetched.  It ensures that the
fetching occurs prior to the first request for the form.  That way, users don't
have to wait for the Mid-Tier to fetch the form - it's already there and cached
for them.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Solution Strategy and Development
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.