Thank you, all, for your responses.

Aravind

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:57 PM, strauss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**

If you restart the web server (and mid-tier) without first clearing the
cache, the mid-tier reads in the exiting persistent pre-fetch cache file
(takes about 1 minute on our servers).  Only if you flush the cache in
the mid-tier configuration tool and then restart the mid-tier will the
complete pre-fetch run (takes 24 minutes on our servers).  The
persistent pre-fetch only works properly on 7.1.00.002 <http://7.1.0.2/>
and later; earlier releases did not re-read the existing pre-fetched
cache properly after a restart, especially after a tomcat crash and
restart.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.

Call Tracking Administration Manager

http://itsm.unt.edu/