On the very early release of DSL, there were bugs that needed to be fixed
manually (delete a record) before applying a patch.. Did you do that?

Joe

________________________________
From: Peter Romain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 5:13:39 PM
Subject: DSL Data Update Rant

Hi,

<rant>
I thought DSL stood for Definitive Software Library.

Why, then, when I update to DSL patch 9 from patch 8 do I get errors because
some manufacturer names have changed and more errors because some software
product names have changed?

It seems that 'definitive' means 'definitive until we change it' to the DSL
data suppliers.

Also, why, when I take the time to update the Tier 1-3 values in the DSL does
an update then put them back to the meaningless software/application/third
party value?

The DSL doesn't impress me much!

<\rant>

Cheers