From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of ccrashh
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2008 12:16 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC Remedy ARS + ITSM Interview Questions

I had an interview with RIM in the spring, and the first question they
asked me was:  What is an Active Link?

It would like asking someone who has been teaching for more than 10
years to recite the alphabet.  The interview essentially went downhill
from there.

On Nov 28, 7:44 am, "Frank, Gordon M. (CMS/CTR)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Some of the responses I am seeing on ARSList are a little complex.
>
> Here's some more common questions (remember your Resume will tell your
> capabilities):
>
> 1. What is the difference between and Active Link and a Filter?
> 2. What is a .def file used for?
> 3. What is a .arx file?
> 4. Who is Doug Mueller?
> 5. What is a use for an Active Link Guide?
> 6. What type of field it the "Worklog" field?
> 7. Name two DBMSs in which Remedy ARS can run on top of?
> 8. What does ARS stand for?
> 9. What are the core fields?
> 10. What does $MENU$ do?
>
> And so on. You'd be amazed at the number of interviews I've conducted
> and the interviewee couldn't answer these basic questions.
>
> A database question I like to ask is: What's the difference between
> SYSMAN and SYSTEM in an Oracle world?
>
> A very simple UNIX question is: What does LS do?
>
> Gordon M. Frank
>
> Remedy Skilled Professional
>
> ITIL V3 Certified
>
> Lockheed Martin

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.