From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Nyall McCavitt
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:05 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Menu match stopped working after bouncing service

**
Hi,

I had this issue with ARS V7.1. There were 2 workarounds that I found for this
but these only partially succeeded. The first was to disable the $MENU$ pattern
matching on the field concerned. Save the modification then re-apply $MENU$
pattern matching. This obviously only works for small numbers of fields and the
problem reappeared after a certain time period. The second option is to stop
and restart the Remedy service. Not always practical in a production
environment.

The final solution was to patch our ARS V7.1 server to patch 5. This resolved
the problem which was to due to how the ARS Server was interacting with Oracle.
Once a certain memory threshold had been reached then the problem would appear.

I think that you should contact Remedy Support and see what patch level for ARS
V7.0.1 does not have this issue.

Hope that this helps.

Nyall

Rick Westbrock wrote:
**

Yesterday I was having some odd performance issues with my Mid-tier users and
eventually my Admin tool kept locking up whenever I tried to open any form on
my production server (7.0.1 p6 on Windows). I ended up bouncing the service and
then for some reason all of my character fields that had the $MENU$ pattern
match set refused to actually match anything. I had one user call me about a
field on one particular form so I removed the pattern match and changed the
field from Edit to Drop-Down (now that all the clients have been upgraded to
version 7). Then a few hours later a different user reported the same problem
on a field in a different form. By early this morning I had 3-4 other fields
reported with the same problem.

The pattern match on all of these fields worked fine before, does anybody have
any idea why the $MENU$ pattern match would suddenly fail globally across
multiple fields on multiple forms? I ended up exporting a full definition file
and doing a search for the string "pattern        : $-107$" which let me find
all the remaining fields with the menu pattern match so that I could
proactively fix those before getting user complaints.

-Rick

Rick Westbrock
PETCO Telecom Engineer

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com<http://www.rmsportal.com> ARSlist: "Where