From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy resource available Jan. - Referral Incentive!

That depends on what type of work is required.  If they want a junior
resource for data entry or something like that, then it could be ok.

Also keep in mind that some recruiting firms are getting their job
requirements from other firms, who are getting it from other firms, and so
on.  This is how you get a client paying $200/hour or more and expecting a
decent Remedy developer, while the "developer" gets paid $50/hour and
doesn't even know the difference between an Active Link and Filter, and
thinks ITIL is what they do before planting a garden.

For the person with the job requirement that started this conversation, my
suggestion would be not to ask for four people at a mediocre rate, but
rather to combine the positions, perhaps bringing in two people, paying one
person $115/hour and the other $85/hour.  That can still be lower than what
I've seen, but you can get much better quality folks that way.

Shawn Pierson