  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org]on Behalf Of Chowdhury, Tauf
  Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:11 AM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: AR Server Crash - Not sure why... - ARS 7.1 patch 2

  **
  All,

  OK, this is a new issue that started this week.

  Environment:

  AR: Server group, win2k3, 2 AR servers.  2 Mid tier servers running
exclusively on tomcat. Remote Oracle 10g DB on Unix cluster. ITSM 7.0.3 p7

  ARS 7.1 patch 2, mid tier on tomcat 5.5.20.

  Symptoms:

  1.       Users cannot log in.

  2.       I verify. Cannot log in with user tool on either AR server.

  3.       AR System Service on both windows boxes are in Started state.

  4.       Ar error log shows:

  Tue Dec 23 15:55:03 2008  390635 : AR System server terminated when a
signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)

  Tue Dec 23 15:55:03 2008

     Timestamp: Tue Dec 23 2008 15:55:04.5320

     Thread Id: 2420

     Version: 7.1.00 Patch 002 200802011900 Feb  1 2008 20:12:40

     ServerName: remedy-app

     Database: SQL -- Oracle

     Hardware: Intel Pentium

     OS: Windows NT 5.2

     RPC Id: 365007

     RPC Call: 73 (GLEWF)

     RPC Queue: 390635

     Client: User djones from Mid-tier (protocol 13) at IP address
172.24.19.113

     Logging On:

     Code: c0000005

     Operation: read

     Access Addr: 0x2

     Stack Begin:

     Stack End

  Tue Dec 23 15:55:04 2008  390635 : AR System server terminated when a
signal/exception was received by the server (ARNOTE 20)

  Tue Dec 23 15:55:04 2008     0xc0000005

  Tue Dec 23 15:55:04 2008  390635 : AR System server terminated -- fatal
error encountered (ARNOTE 21)

  5.       Had to restart services to regain connectivity.

  6.       A few hours went by and I pretty much had a repeat of Steps 1-5.
Yes… step 4, the logs look exactly the same. Same user.

  7.       The next day, Steps 1-5 again, different time, same error but
different user. Then again, this new user later in the afternoon.

  8.       I asked the users if they had been using the system all day.
Answer was yes. I asked what they might have been doing at the time, and
they stated just updating an incident.

  9.       SO I contacted BMC and I am basically running every log under the
sun for them until this error happens again. BMC stated I should upgrade to
Patch 5 on ARS.

  10.   Has anyone experienced this and if so, what should I look at???

  Tauf Chowdhury | Forest Laboratories, Inc.

  Sr. Analyst

  Informatics

  Office: 631.858.7765

  Mobile:646.483.2779

  This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action
taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.
Checked by AVG.
12:08 PM