The "Display a List" displays the fields specified in the SQL

i.e.  You can do the SQL like...
  Select Field1, Field2, Field3
  From SomeTable
  Where Field5 = 'x' and Upper(Field6) like Upper('ABC%')

The Display will show Fields 1, 2, and 3 while you are selecting against
fields 5 and 6

Depending on how many fields need to be case insensitive you could have
those fields stored as all upper case and do you searches against those
fields.

i.e.  If the field is Subject you could create a hidden field called
Subject_Upper and have a filter populate it on save.  Workflow would
search against it instead of the actual Subject field.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Remedy Maniac
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 9:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: how to open a window on a set field action with multiple
request match

Many thanks to you and Joe for your inputs.

My problem was the following:
- people would like to make a insensitive search in some fields. Not all

the fields.
- the Sybase server is case sensitive. And I am not allowed to change
this because I share the development server with other
people/applications.
And I'd like to keep some consistency between my dev and my prod.

So I thought I could use this set field to build something.

Eventually I ended up building a Guide which runs direct SQL.
And now I get what I wanted.

The only thing is that it is quiet curious this Display a List. Since
you can't do anything with it, what is its use then?

Serouche

Grooms, Frederick W wrote:
> As Joe said it will not work that way.  You are trying to mix direct
SQL
> and Remedy.  If you are working against a Remedy form then why are you
> needing to do your selection using direct SQL?  Can you not use a
> standard Set Fields action to query for your records (as that will
bring
> up the Results list for multiple matches)?
>
> Fred

Window

_______