From: Prashant Patil <remed...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2009 1:40:41 AM
Subject: ARS 6.001(HD 5.0) to ARS 7.01 platform upgrade

**
Dear All,

We are currently planning a platform upgrade from ARS 6.00.1 to ARS 7.01

ARS 6.x Server Config
Windows 2K - ARS Engine 6.00.01 patch 1420
Oracle 9.0.1.0.0
Helpdesk 5.0 (customized)

ARS 7.001 Server Config (already setup)
Windows 2K - ARS Engine 7.0.01 patch 002
Oracle 10gR2
SLM 7.0.0.2

We have a development server same as the ARS 7.001 server config.

(A) How do we go about migrating HD 5.0 application & data to the new platform?
we thought of doing it as follows. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
1) Setup development environment same as ARS 6.x server config
2) Install Helpdesk 5.0, import data (can we use Remedy Migrator to import
application & data from old server? which Remedy Migrator version?)
3) Upgrade HD 5.x to HD 6
4) Upgrade ARS Engine from 6.x to 7.001
5) Now migrate HD 6 app & data to the new server platform ARS 7.x (can we use
Remedy Migrator to import application & data? which Remedy Migrator version?)

(B) Can we use SLM 7.002 with HD 6.x application to define service targets? Are
there any issues?

Please let us know any ideas or anything we may have to plan for before getting
started.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___