Hi,
In ITSM 7, I can set autoassignment rules for Assignee
group or Owner group of Incidents. (on CFG:Assignment
form)

However, for Owner Group, there is also a detailed
statement in the User Guide about how the Owner Group
is picked by the system based on what kind of group is
submitting the Incident (with or without HelpDesk
role) and what kind of group it is assigned to. ( See
Incident 7.0 User Guide, Page 125 )

This statement in User Guide completely ignores the
usual auto-assignment logic, and is in fact in direct
conflict with it.

So which logic is really used by ITMS 7 to pick an
"Owner Group" on an Incident?

In my system I see that the "auto-assignment" rule on
CFG:Assignment form is used in almost all of the
Incidents. A very few seem to have Owner Group set
differently. In these, I am not sure if the
"statement" above was applied or the user manually set
the Owner Group.

What the @#!$ fruit? Which logic is in effect?