From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Redick, Kevin
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:31 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy Search data export to xls

**
Hello,

I haven't ran into this problem myself however here is a link to a handy web
page that shows such problems are not Remedy specific and may help with your
solving of them. ..

://www.creativyst.com/Doc/Articles/CSV/CSV01.htm<http://www.creativyst.com/Doc/Articles/CSV/CSV01.htm>

To sum it up, apparently you should be avoiding using manual linefeeds if
possible, or at least if you want to easily convert around...

Also depending if they are getting added to the csv file correctly, then
importing in excel you may need manually import (or setup a script to do such),
that used specific options rather than the default Excel will default to
importing \n as a new field I believe.

To test do Data-> Import select your file, then selectee delimited, hit next
and you should be able to select only the , option as the limiter (or other
options as desired) and hit finish.
(Instruction may vary depending on exact version of excel etc, if you are even
using excel).

You should now hopefully have your data with the "/n" in the same/full fields.

Hope this helps a little bit at least.

--Kevin