Sounds right to me.  Ensure that they set the permissions properly on the
new instance...but yea...you should be good

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Richard Copits
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:50 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Movement of SQL instance.....

**

I've been told that we will have to move our SQL database instance from one
SQL server to another. From

What I've read it looks like all I have to do is to bring down the Remedy
server, edit the ar.cfg file and put

 the name of the new instance In in place of the old, then have the database
folks move the instance. Is

this true  or have I missed something? We have 7.1 and separate app and web
servers. However, it doesn't

look like there are any changes/edits that I need to make on the web server.
Does this sound right? Thanks!!

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's
public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this
message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or interception,
please delete all copies from your system without disclosing, copying, or
transmitting this message. __Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where
the Answers Are" html___