Go into program files>apache tomcat 5x>monitor tomcat

this will open the properties dialog

go to Java tab and set min to 512mb and max to 1536(on Apache for webserver
you can set up to 2gb)

from General tab, Stop tomcat and Start

You maybe crashing due to default JVM max which is way too low, 256mb

Hope this helps!
YHK