From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Brien Dieterle
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:34 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: transaction for parent/child changes

** We've designed a form that has child requests displayed in a table list
field.  You can interact with these child requests through this form and
update them via display only fields and push-fields activelink buttons etc.
So the problem is you can update some things on the main form, and update
some children requests, close the main request and say "yes, lose changes".
A user might expect that the changes to the children would be reverted back
to what they were.

Is there any way to encapsulate the whole process of editing the primary
requests and N children requests into a single transaction that gets
committed only upon saving of the primary request?

Thanks!

Brien Dieterle
__Platinum Sponsor: RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___