From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of Brien Dieterle
Sent: Fri 2/6/2009 11:33 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: transaction for parent/child changes

** Thanks for the suggestions!

So I might have 3 forms.  Primary, Child, and Child-temp...

So for editing an existing request w/ existing children I might have an onload
activeLink Guide that pushes all the existing Child requests into the
Child-Temp form, and the Table List field on the primary form would actually be
attached to the child-temp form, not the actual child form.

Brilliant!  Thanks for the suggestion both of you.  I was thinking I would
duplicate fields on the child-form for holding present and previous values, but
this is much cleaner!

Still...  wouldn't it be nice to be able to say "start trans" or something? :-)

Thanks again

Brien