From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Books for Remedy version 6 ,7 and CMDB

** Its actually slicker than that. Its basically print on demand. Keeps inventory and costs lower.

Rick

From: William Rentfrow
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:20:39 -0600
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Actually....anyone can publish a book and get it on Amazon.  All you need to do is write the book and then get an ISBN # and the corresponding UPC graphic ($125? - been a long time since I looked).  When your book is printed it must have that number/graphic on it.  Then you just fill out the appropriate paperwork and asking price, and send two copies to Amazon.  They'll list it with your description and price.  They get a cut of the sale - 55% I believe.

That may seem like a lot but it's substantially better than what large publishers give authors for each book sold.

If they sell out they will then re-order from you.  I don't know the full details but it seems the way to go if you're inclined toward self-publishing and do not want to do the fulfillment part of it.

William Rentfrow

Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.

wrentf...@stratacominc.com

715-410-8056 C