Hi ,

I'm trying to install 7.5 Server on SQL 2005 DB,
After Selecting the Database type SQL Sever.

Problem 1) It is not taking DB Sever name from the local system
automatically,
Problem 2) Hence I had to give host name, port number (1433 Default) and DB
instance name.  Even after supplying all the requested details I'm getting
                      below error.
==========================================================================================================================
TCP/?IP connection to the host name  RAJINIKANTH using port number 1433
failed. Possible causes:  Database services are not available/?running or
Network configuration is not configured correctly for TCP/?IP protocol or
IP or host name/? port number is incorrect.
Note! AR System requires a minimum of 512 MB of RAM. However, depending on
the purpose of the system, more memory might be required. Refer to the
Installation Guide for details about the minimum and recommended values for
memory when installing BMC Remedy Mid Tier or CMDB and ITSM applications on
the same computer as the AR System server.
Can any one let me know what need to be done to avoid this error!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rajinikanth Sanapala,