From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Richard Copits
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:27 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Installing Secondary Server in Server Group

I guess I "sort of " agree....but I'm not sure about the email part.  We have
other applications that
Have a load balancer and each has an email ability. For example, we have two
servers, such as "servera"
And "serverb" but if you try to access one you're "vectored" to the load
balancer "serverx" automagically,
so that you are never really able to get to "a" or "b" unless the load balancer
is shut down....

It just seems that it would make sense to have duplicate servers that access a
"common" database, and
A common email backend....

It's good to hear about these issues since we may be doing this in the not too
distant future, and there's
A lack of "gotchas" to keep a person out of the minefields...