I didn't hear remedy logs being in-accurate.
If I understand correctly you are doing a push fields from your
Purchasing Form to HelpDesk Form.
Its been a while I worked on HPD5.6
Try to get the filter logs from server side. May be some other filter
on HPD is clearing out PO.
If possible paste/email the logs, that will give us more info.