The NetCool GW works fine.  Just make sure you use the 7.0.1 version AND you
have the 7.0.1 .so files.
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of James Pifer
Sent: March 23, 2009 4:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Java API/ARS 7.1 question

I've had no luck getting IBM Netcol Gateway connected to ARS 7.1.
Technically it's not supported, so I'm looking at other options. I'm looking
at creating tickets using Java API and then updating back to Netcool using
nco_sql.

ARS 7.1 is running on linux. From another linux machine I'm trying a very
simple java app using the API to just make a connection to my dev server.
I've downloaded the linux and windows 7.1 APIs and they are located in
/usr/ar/api/lib. That path is in my ?LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
#echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/modules:/usr/ar/api/lib

My app compiles ok, but when I try to run it I get:
(com.bmc.arsys.api.Config).
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
com.bmc.arsys.api.Proxy.ARInitialization()J
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.Proxy.ARInitialization(Native Method)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.Proxy.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyJRpcBase.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyJRpc.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyManager.createProxy(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ProxyPool.get(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.PoolingProxyManager.getProxy(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.verifyUser(Unknown Source)
        at com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser.login(Unknown Source)
        at VerifyRemedyLogin.main(VerifyRemedyLogin.java:19)

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanks,
James

RMI Solutions ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"