Hi All,

After integrating crystal server with midtier i m not able to generate reports
through Midtier. I m getting
"Failed to Perform Action " Error message.

Steps which i did so far.Server A
---------

1. Installed Java  which is comapatible with Crystal Report
2. Installed Crystal Report Serevr XI along with Tomcat ( Manually set Ports)
3. Checked Crystal Report CMC console , it was working fine.
4. Installed TOmcat for ARWebReportViewer. ( Maually set Ports)
5. Installed ARWebReportViewer.
6. Checked arreports link
(http://BO-server-name:8881/arreports/shared/config/configreport.jsp), It was
working

fine.

Server B
---------

1. Installed  AR Server
2. Installed  TOmcat 5.x, Java
3. Installed  Only Midtier
4. Checked midtier link , it was working fine.(http://ARserver name:8882/arsys)

Configurations:
---------------

Server A (Crystal report Server)
--------------------------------

1. Configured ARWebReportViewer report settings like
Reporting Working Directory (C:\Program Files\AR
System\ARWebReportViewerITSM\reports)
CMS Machine Name* - BO-server-name,

CMS Machine Connection Details –
-----------------------------------

Chose Business Objects Enterprise XI

AR System ODBC Data Source Name - AR System ODBC Data Source

CMS Folder Name - ARReports
CMS User Name & Pwd – Used same access details which we use for Crystal Report.

Server B ( Ar Server)

----------------------

1. Configured Midtier Report Settings

Crystal/BO Report Engine Deployment - BOXI/Crystal Reports Server XI on a
different machine without a mid tier

Reporting Working Directory - (local folder on MidTier server)

BOXI/Crystal Report Server 11 Location - http://BO-server-name:8888 ( Should i
give ARWebReportViewer path or

Crystal Report Path)

2. Updated Report Type Form for Crystal Record

Crystal10URL=http://BO-Server:8888/arreports/$RPTLOC$?init=$CRTVWR$&User0=$USR$;ARServer=$ARSERVER$;ARServerPort=$AR

SERVERPORT$;ARAuthentication=$ARAUTHENTICATION$;ARReportLocale=$LOC$;ARVUIType=1&Password0=$PWD$&SF=$RPTQUERY$
BORemoteAPPURL=$CRTXILOC$/arreports/$RPTLOC$?init=$CRTVWR$&User0=$USR$;ARServer=$ARSERVER$;ARServerPort=$ARSERVERPOR

T$;ARAuthentication=$ARAUTHENTICATION$;ARReportLocale=$LOC$;ARVUIType=1&Password0=$PWD$&SF=$RPTQUERY$
BOCurrentMidtierURL=$CRTXILOC$/arsys/$RPTLOC$?init=$CRTVWR$&User0=$USR$;ARServer=$ARSERVER$;ARServerPort=$ARSERVERPO

RT$;ARAuthentication=$ARAUTHENTICATION$;ARReportLocale=$LOC$;ARVUIType=1&Password0=$PWD$&SF=$RPTQUERY$
BORemoteMidtierURL=$CRTXILOC$/arsys/$RPTLOC$?init=$CRTVWR$&User0=$USR$;ARServer=$ARSERVER$;ARServerPort=$ARSERVERPOR

T$;ARAuthentication=$ARAUTHENTICATION$;ARReportLocale=$LOC$;ARVUIType=1&Password0=$PWD$&SF=$RPTQUERY$

( Note: I have changed only first sentence , do i need to do any other changes
on this form , Please suggest)

Finally :

Tried generating report through midtier for incident Details , Its Failing   :(

Please let me know if i have missed any configurations.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Salma