From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of maggie2007
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: serialize webservice response error:The string '' is not a
valid AllXsd value.

on my remedy form, there is a drop-down list field which has some
predefined
value, Remedy system also has predefined value like "(clear)".

I created a webservice on that form, every webmethod is default.

Created a .Net Webservice client to call that Remedy Webservice
OpGetList,
if select "(clear)" for that drop-down list field ( in soap response
message, that field value is empty), then I got error

"The string '' is not a valid AllXsd value." when OpGetList is called.

I think that makes sense since "" is not defined as an enumeration type
for
that drop-down list field.

I did try to modify the default webservice to add MinOccurs=0,
Nillable=true, still got same error.