I know it breaks a lot of stuff

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 21, 2009, at 7:13 AM, Mark Lev <mark....@rightstarsystems.com> wrote:

Evidently you can either simple bind to AD or use SSL.  There is no
negotiate option.

I find it interesting, from what I read, that Microsoft excludes their
own products from this security requirement.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lev
Director of Remedy Operations
703-672-4390
703-399-6155 (cell)
mark....@rightstarsystems.com
RightStar Systems, Inc.
100 East Street SE, Suite 202
Vienna, VA 22180
USA

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Pat Zandi
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 7:05 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Vendor Form ARDBC LDAP bind error.

This looks familiar ... Check the securty setting on the DC's. Does it
have required security certificate. If so you will have issues

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:39 PM, Mark Lev <mark....@rightstarsystems.com>
wrote:

We are getting this error when trying to connect a Vendor Form to our
AD.

Anyone have any ideas what/how to resolve this. LDAP admin isn't sure

what is causing this between AD and Remedy.

Error message below
-----------------------------
Cannot connect to the directory service : Strong authentication
required (LDAPERR 8)00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C09018A, comment: The
server requires binds to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not

already active on the connection, data 0, vece (ARERR 3375)
-----------------------------

LDAP authentication is working.  Password is strong.  We believe it
has to do with Network security: LDAP client signing requirements
policy, but we have tried options including setting to None, and this
didn't resolve.

I have not found "turn on integrity checking" anywhere on how to do
this.  They are not using SSL.

Windows Server 2003 SP2
ARS 7.1
ITSM 7.0.3
all latest patch levels

If you need more details, please let me know.  I appreciate any
assistance on this error.

Thanks,
Mark