Hi Tony

There is no separation of escalations into multiple pools in ITSM7 OOB, so
you would need to do this yourself.  The approach we take with the ESS
application is to separate time sensitive escalations from escalations that
manipulate large volumes of data, and I suspect that this approach would
work well with ITSM as well.

So for example, escalations that import people data, archive old tickets,
import CIs into the CMDB, etc. all use one thread which is considered a
non-time-sensitive background process, whereas escalations that trigger
notifications, reminders and other SLA-related work run in a time-sensitive
thread which is only used for escalations like this that will only be
touching a small(ish) number of records.

As far as your changes being overwritten by ITSM upgrades is concerned,
there's no way round this, but allocating escalations to queues is a simple
piece of housekeeping after applying a patch.

HTH

David Sanders

Remedy Solution Architect

Enterprise Service Suite @ Work