Hi Bala,

Many years ago I had to set DSO up to distribute to one or more servers. The
list was variable but was defined by the group a case was assigned to. I
added a field to the help desk form to hold the servers that the DSO
transfer needed to be sent to. This field was completed by the selection of
an assigned group and checking which server was their primary server. If the
server concerned wasn’t already specified in the field it was added. Then
filters firing the specific DSO action for each server would check this
field. If the server existed in the list the filter would fire. The field
was pushed to all servers to facilitate the return of updates.

This was all done as independent copies. This only left the issue of locking
down the records. So when the workflow retrieved the primary server for the
currently assigned group, it was also placed in its own field and was used
to activate active link workflow to stop updating of the record on the wrong
server. Today you could do something similar with Assigned Group as well.

A method like this can all be done without requiring a table. Your table
query defining the servers you need to do a DSO transfer to, could be used
to complete the field instead. And as it is driving workflow it doesn’t need
to be full server names. It just needs to be a code that tells you it is
server A as opposed to server B.

Brian Bishop

Goldstag Consultants Ltd

tel: +44 (0)7973 746832