CMDB needs AR Server since it is an ARS application. All Reconciliation mapping
are installed when you do the Discovery integration to CMDB. The data is passed
from Discovery to CMDB using CMDB API calls

-----Original Message-----
From: Opela, Gary L CTR USAF AFMC 72 CS/SCBAH <gary.opela....@tinker.af.mil>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:56 pm
Subject: CMDB and Discovery

**

BMC Remedy 7.1

Hello all. I am curious as to what all is required if I were to want to use BMC
Discovery to populate the CMDB?

Would I only need CMDB, Discovery, and DSL, or would there be additional
utilities or tools required (other than the obvious, such as arserver)?

I am mainly looking to get the data into the CMDB. I’m not concerned about
presenting it in Asset Management at this point, only in populating the CMDB.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr.

Sr. Remedy Engineer

Avaya Phone Admin