I do not know of a license that will prevent people from selling software.
The gpl offers some restrictions on selling of software in binary form
though, meaning they will have to provide the source for free, whether or
not a person purchases the software (which kind of makes moot selling the
software).  The gpl has the restriction that people that make a binary form
available are also required to make the source code of the same available.

See this page for more information on gpl/selling:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

While this may not directly state what you want, I think it will accomplish
what you would like to see.  I would offer to host the source code for free
(no binaries).  I do take donations for the support of arswiki.org, but I
think I've received upwards of 50USD in the last 4 years in donations; it's
not a money making effort.

When you relicense/release under the terms of a license,  you still own the
original code line up to the point of relicense so you can do with that as
you please (license, sell, rebrand, etc.), but once it is gpl'd, other
people that modify/contribute are copyright holders of their changes, so you
can not go out and take back other people's changes under the original terms
without consent from the other copyright holders.  In essence, you give up
some of your rights to the software so that the software is free for others
to use it as they see fit under the terms of the license.

The text of the GPL licenses are available here:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php

I think this covers your goals in the following ways:
1. Your copyright will always be maintained in the source code
2. The source code for anyone's changes (including your copyright), if made
public, will be required to be available to anyone
3. It prevents other people from imposing further restrictions on the
software
4. Binary form of the program, if it has a UI, should provide a means to
view the copyright holder information
5. Disallows people from incorporating the software into closed source
programs (meaning the copyright will not be obfuscated nor will the code be
resold as part of a closed source project)

And it would also have the following added benefits:
1. You have a disclaimer of no implied warranty for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE

The gpl license is viral in nature, meaning that it perpetuates and forces
the software to be open and other software that uses the code to be open.

While I am not trying to advocate any license, I am a fan of the bsd
license.  It would by no means impose the openness restrictions the gpl does
though, so it may not be suited for your goals.  The text of the bsd license
is available here:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

As a disclaimer, I am not a lawyer, but I am an open source advocate and try
to stay knowledgeable on the subject.

Axton

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Stefan Nerlich <stefan.nerl...@hotmail.com