Hello All

We just launched ARS 7.1 two weeks ago. Things have been running
fairly well until last week when we started to see the error "ARERR 92
Timeout during database update -- the operation has been accepted by
the server and will usually complete successfully : server.com"

With BMC guidance we increased the tempdb size from an initial 8MB to
1GB. The ARERR 92 error appeared to be resolved until earlier this
week when we started seeing error "ARERR 382 The value(s) for this
entry violate a unique index that has been defined for this form :
HPD:Help Desk entry:INC000000008832 fields:  " and error "ARERR 8939
The AR System Plug-In server is not responding. Cannot connect to the
system at this time. Contact your AR System Administrator for
assistance. : RPC: Timed out"

I suspect that ARERR 92 and ARERR 382 are related, so earlier this
morning I increased the tempdb size from 1GB to 5GB. This appears to
have resolved these errors. However, I'm not sure if ARERR 8939 is
related to this issue but restarting the arplugin.exe process appears
to have resolved this issue.

Our AR server is running on a Windows 2003 server R2 with 8GB RAM and
the database backed is SQL 2005 running on a similar server.

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered similar issues and what
recommendations people have for improving performance of a system.
Clearly, we are learning some new ways of tuning our system, so any
tips would be greatly appreciated.

Leo