From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Gadgil, Abhijeet
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 1:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Performance Tuning ARS 7.1

**

Tempdb is a ala temporary tablespace in sql server. AR installer does
not create this. When SQL Server is installed the setup program creates
tempdb database. Tempdb is a system database used by SQL Server to store
temporary tables and temporary stored procedures, for sorting,
subqueries, and aggregates with GROUP BY, ORDER BY, for cursors and so
on. Tempdb database contains only temporary objects, so if you want to
create a permanent object, do not create it in the tempdb database.

Regards,

Abhijeet