From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Julie L Kanakanui JLKANAKA
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:08 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Print button, Incident, mid-tier - no out-of-box functionality?

**
Hello,

We are currently implementing Remedy Service Desk 7.1 and will be deploying
both User and mid-tier clients.  Just ran across what appears to be the
situation with the "Print" functionality on HPD:HelpDesk in which the
out-of-box functionality is to display/run a Crystal report, which
unfortunately means it won't work in mid-tier unless you are running 3rd-party
web reporting software.  (Unlike in Remedy 6 where out-of-box functionality for
Print Case was to run an AR report, which would run equally well in User or
mid-tier...).

The message I'm getting from Tech Support is that this is indeed the case, that
there is no out-of-box functionality provided that permits user to print an
Incident ticket, without having installed, say, Crystal Enterprise.

Is this what other folks have found?  (I just find it hard to believe that such
a basic functionality of a ticketing app isn't provided out-of-box!).   And if
so, advice as to solutions would be appreciated ('m sure there are ways to
build custom workflow to provide an AR report for mid-tier clients, for
example...)

Thanks for any advice,

Julie Kanakanui _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the
Answers Are"_

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.