Tony,

Yea... but what do you do if your server is not a windows OS? :(

The OS options are:
   Windows
    vs
   Solaris
   AIX
   HP-UX
   RedHat
   SuSe

So that is a design choice that offers only 1 out of 6 supported
server platforms a feature. Even if that one platform is 80% of your
business, then that "solution" is only an 80% solution.

One of the mysteries of why that function was built into a client
instead of (or at least in addition to) a server side feature. A
server side feature could have lead to integrations with server side
Source Control systems. :) More advanced ARS application change
control/release management etc...

And do not get me started on how they did the "use a Packinglist" or
an XML file part of the command line options. GRRRR...

--
Carey Matthew Black
BMC Remedy AR System Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.