When you do a remedy setfield from webservice you are consuming that web
service, meaning you are really 'pushing' to it....the input mappings are
what you are pushing in, and the output mappings are what it's giving back.

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Sean Harrodine
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 10:11 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: How do you PUSH to a Web Service ???

**
Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can assist me with what is hopefully a simple question
with a simple answer on web services.

I know that you can set the contents of a field by using a web service to go
and extract the data from an external source

Example

modify entry on a form - this invokes the SET field to read data from WEB
SERVICE, use a WSDL to go off, compare and match the Stock Market Symbol and
then pull back the results and update the field on the form (Remedy example)

But.....my question is, if i wanted to ""PUSH"" the results of a field/s
based on an SUBMIT or MODIFY out through a WEB SERVICE, how do i do it ?

I want to be able to push data out under certain scenarios to another
ticketing system and it will need to be sent to a Web Service.

PUSH doesnt have the option to "PUSH value to WEB SERVICE"....you only seem
to be able to do a SET FIELD and then "Read Value From" a Web service

Am i being blind or just blindly dumb today ???

All help gratefully received.

TIA

Sean

Are"_