From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Cecil, Ken
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:03 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Search for full Case ID takes longer than just the number

**

Anybody have an idea on why it is taking 10 times longer to search for a
record using the fully qualified ID than it does when searching using
just the number? This is only when searching using query by example
(entering the id on the form). Any ideas on where to look/troubleshoot?

Search examples:
    Query By Example using the Case ID field (field 1 on this form)
        135303       ...takes about 9 seconds.
        HD0135303  ...takes about 90 seconds to return??????????

        'Case ID+'  LIKE  "%135303"     ...Takes 95 seconds.
        'Case ID+'  =  "HD0135303"     ...Takes 10 seconds.

It is like it is having to do a full table scan even though this field
is obviously indexed. Also, from what I can tell it is just on the Help
Desk form; other forms perform well either way.

For what it is worth, I am working with ARS 6.0 and Help Desk ITSM 5.6

Thanks,
Ken.

Are"_