From: Jase Brandon <jasebran...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thu, Jun 25, 2009 3:35 pm
Subject: Re: Best Way to Migrate CMDB Changes

**
Thanks so much Matt - I am exploring the cmdbdriver.exe and dos commands right
now.

?

Thanks again,

?

Jase

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Matt Worsdell <m...@worsy.co.uk> wrote:

**

Changes to CMDB are migrated using the CMDB Driver. It is imperative you do
this as for example recreating a filed on the destination server even with the
correct fieldid does not make the field the same. Log onto the CMDB driver and
take a look at the expdf and impdf commands (for example). You can also script
many changes into a file to execute.

?

Once you have moved the changes you may then modify the AST forms by
adding(right click and select field from? form), removing and repositioning
fields using the admin tool. These forms are migrated using a def file. You
should not CREATE fields using the admin tool, but you may create trim fields.

?

Matt

?