Hi,

Our Remedy 7.5 Installation fails. Seems like the error is related to
the database. I'm wondering if it's related to the following:

In the Installation Guide -> Pre-creating your Sybase Database, it lists
the following steps:

5 Create the user pointing to the created login and group, for example:
sp_adduser 'ARAdmin', 'ARAdmin', db_owner
go
use master
go

7 Change the owner of the database to be the created user, for example:
sp_changedbowner 'ARAdmin'
go
use master
go

However, our DBA says that he encounters an error performing the above
steps. He says that the two are mutually exclusive, meaning if you add a
user, you can't make that user a dbowner and vice versa. Therefore, I
just asked him to make ARAdmin the dbowner and not add it as a user.
Could this be possible causing the error? Can anyone confirm that the
above steps are indeed mutually exclusive?

Thanks!

Regards,
Kali

NOTICE
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this email
in any way. If you received it in error, please tell us immediately by return
email and delete the document.  We do not guarantee the integrity of any
e-mails or attached files and are not responsible for any changes made to them
by any other person.