Completely agree with the method that SQL Server handles
replication/mirroring - it does work - but in order to perform a change to
the form (read table) you must basically disable the replication, which
removes the columns, add your fields, and then re-enable replication -
which, since it's not enabled, transfer the entire table to the remote
server. much less ties up SQL Server and your network for NN time...

--
If it were not for the gutter, my mind would be homeless!