We use log shipping for sending our ARSystem changes to our remote backup
server and it works fine with no problems.  Obviously, this works for us since
we don't have requirements for realtime replication or mirroring.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Robert Molenda
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 11:06 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Changing databases

**
Completely agree with the method that SQL Server handles replication/mirroring
- it does work - but in order to perform a change to the form (read table) you
must basically disable the replication, which removes the columns, add your
fields, and then re-enable replication - which, since it's not enabled,
transfer the entire table to the remote server. much less ties up SQL Server
and your network for NN time...

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 8:40 AM, strauss