We had some issues which were similar -- but ours were related to a load
balancer session time-out setting...  Any chance you have one in front of
your servers?

  Tony Worthington
  Sr. Technical Analyst
  Kohl's Department Stores
  N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive
  Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
  262.703.7763 (phone)
  tony.worthing...@kohls.com
  www.kohls.com

From:
"Lin, Jason" <jason....@ucsf.edu>
To:
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Date:
07/17/2009 03:25 PM
Subject:
User Tool 7.1 Hiccup
Sent by:
"Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

Hi Lister,

We recently upgraded from ARS 6.3/ITSM 6 to ARS 7.1/ITSM 7 and migrated
our Remedy to AIX server as well. However we have been noticed there is a
hiccup on Remedy user tool after the tool is on idle (not using the tool)
for like 20 minutes or more. It seems like it's taking time to reconnect
to the Remedy server. After the 15-30 second wait (some users said taking
up to 2 mins), then the performance is fine until the user tool put on
idle again.

Have anyone experienced similar behavior?

We are on following environment:

Remedy: ARS 7.1 Patch 05
Application: ITSM 7.0.3 Patch 08
Remedy and database servers: AIX 5.3
Database: Oracle 10G
user Tool: ARS 7.1 Patch 04 or 06

Thanks in advance,

Jason Lin
Programmer Analyst
UCSF - OAAIS - Application Services - Remedy
1855 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94143

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any
time
without any further consent.

<<image/jpeg>>