Kinetic Link - is an open strategy to interacting with the Remedy server. It exposes the Remedy System in a kind of "REST" sort of way -- check out Wikipedia if unfamiliar with the term.

I know a number of companies who have switched many/all of their integrations to use Klink vs (whetever they were doing before). The reason they have done so is Klink is a surprising simple strategy - yet has all the power you typically need for an integration.

Side note: -- I think BMC should include something link Klink as part of the core ARS. The easier they make it for people to have ARS be part of the larger organization (and not just IT) -- the better off for BMC.

So - to directly answer your question:
Yes - it would complicate things because it requires install/configure/ debug/troubleshoot.

However - I think it would be less complicated than reverse- engineering the backchannel -- which could change from version to version - cause -- it is not intended to be open.

So -- choices, choices, choices...

-John